The role will combine responsibilities typically performed by both a project manager and business analyst including capturing requirements, planning and tracking progress. The role will provide the opportunity to work directly with our customers – traders, salespeople and technologists at leading investment banks and financial institutions.
The ideal candidate is disciplined, delivery focused, tenacious, and an excellent communicator: someone who brings a sense of urgency, follows through on commitments, and can hold others accountable to ensure they
do the same. We are looking for someone who works well within a team, is able to articulate problems, is technically hands-on, and can use their own initiative to identify and implement solutions.
This role is part of a broader recruitment effort to scale the organization to meet market demand. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a successful start-up and to share in our future growth as we embark on the next step of our incredible, industry-enabling journey.
- Working with traders, salespeople and technologists at leading investment banks & financial institutions to define and document requirements.
- Building and maintaining project plans including cost forecasting.
- Working with Mosaic’s development teams to track and report project progress, risks, issues and costs.
- Developing and implementing plans to mitigate risks and taking action to address issues as they arise in order to ensure a successful project outcome.
- Managing regular calls with project stakeholders and provide an interface to the rest of the organisation for all matters relating to the project.
- Managing UAT, software configurations, deployments & new releases to Client environments.
- Monitoring user adoption, collecting feedback from users and providing software demonstrations and user training.
- Providing proactive and responsive Client support for user queries and production issues.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in managing large scale technology change projects in a Front Office environment.
- Deep domain expertise, including pricing/trading conventions and front-to-back workflows, in at least one of the following: Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Credit or Repo.
- Business analysis experience in translating user requirements into a prioritised set of business and functional requirements.
- Proven ability to explain requirements to developers and work with them to break these down into a prioritised list of development tasks, which are then tracked.
- Hands on technical skills in data analysis and interrogating data using SQL.
- Experience in navigating Unix servers & using the command line.
- Project experience in any of the following areas: Electronic trading platforms, Sales technology, data analytics, risk management systems, front-to-back trade flows, ECNs, OMS, EMS.
- Additional technical skills acquired through professional experience, personal development or studies e.g. Python, Git, AWS, Druid, Kafka
- A keen interest in data analytics, machine learning & AI and how it can be utilised in financial institutions.
- Experience coaching & developing junior team members & graduates
The successful candidate will join a team of highly skilled engineers and data scientists working on an innovative FinTech product. The successful candidate will
- Be exposed to the complete software development lifecycle using an agile delivery model.
- Gain an understanding of what’s required to build and scale a successful start-up.
- Help build tools for use by the world’s largest investment banks.
- Grow existing financial product knowledge and gain understanding of complex financial analytics.
- Gain an understanding of machine learning and AI algorithms.
- Grow existing customer relationship skills by working with our high-profile clients.