Mosaic Smart Data is a growing FinTech company founded in 2014. Our award-winning data analytics platform enables financial institutions (including some of the world's largest investment banks) to have a real-time view on exactly what is going on in their business. We process trading and interaction data for clients and harness their data intelligently to provide actionable insights so they can better service their own clients.
About the role
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our small but highly skilled team as we seek to push forward the frontiers of data science. You will be directly involved in developing and validating data science models and supporting the rollout of these models with existing and prospective clients.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with our customers and develop a deep understanding of the financial markets. You will also work closely with a Python engineering team to ensure our models and analytics are integrated with the pipeline and successfully make it to production.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a successful start-up and to share in our future growth as we embark on the next step of our incredible, industry-changing journey.
Developing new data science models (from inception to roll out), by communicating with clients, performing exploratory data analysis and generating informative and actionable insights.
Validating and supporting the rollout of existing data science models with existing clients or as part of high-paced proofs of concept
Skills & Experience
- 3-6 years experience as a Data Scientist
- Masters or PhD in CS / Engineering / Maths (or a related field) or industry experience to compensate
- Good programming skills in Python
- Experience with coding best practices, test-driven development, code review and Git
- Some experience with data science, finance, or both
- Some understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g. k-NN, Naïve Bayes, Decision trees, neural networks)
- Some experience with common data science toolkits (e.g. Pandas, NumPy, SciKit Learn, TensorFlow)
- Active team member willing to help and mentor colleagues across disciplines
- Data-oriented personality with the ability to solve complex problems in a pragmatic way
- Working as a part of cross-disciplinary teams (or pods, as we call them) to develop solutions to complex and interesting problems
- A day without learning is a day wasted, so you will:
- Work as part of a passionate team solving complex and interesting problems
- Develop a deep understanding of various asset classes, including fixed income, FX and credit
- Receive a generous budget for education (courses, conferences, etc.)
- Make an impact and gain responsibility from day 1
- Build analytics tools and machine learning models for use by the world’s largest investment banks
- Learn how to manage customer relationships